Student Registration

Registration Requirements for students in grades 1st - 12th


Welcome to the Panther Valley School District. Please read this document in its entirety as it will provide you with the information you need to register your child in our district. Listed below are the documents required/requested for student registration. The required documents are indicated in bold print.

 To enroll:

1. Schedule an appointment by calling 570-645-2175.
2. Gather the following documents required which are necessary for student registration:

  • Proof of Student's Age: Any one of the following constitutes acceptable documentation:
    Birth certificate; notarized copy of birth certificate; baptismal certificate; notarized statement from the parents or another relative indicating the date of birth; a valid passport; a prior school record indicating the date of birth.
  • Immunization Records: Acceptable documentation includes: either the child's immunization record, a written statement from the former school or from a medical office that the required immunizations have been administered.
  • Proof of Residency: includes the following acceptable documentation: A deed, a lease, moving permit, current utility bill, current credit card bill, property tax bill, vehicle registration, driver's license, DOT identification card. A district may require that more than one form of residency confirmation be provided. Panther Valley School district requests two (2) proofs of residency.

The following documents are requested for student registration.

  • Records of grades from previous school(s) are requested.
    • Copies of most recent report card, progress report and/or schedule
    • Records must have name, address and phone number of the school
    • For secondary students, information is needed on all previous grades 9-12 for proper transfer of credit and grade placement.
  • Proof of Custody/Child Support (if applicable)
    • Divorced or separated parents should provide official court order which names the custodial parent.
  • 1302 Guardianship Form (if applicable)
    • Notarized guardianship papers by the parent and guardian completed prior to registration Note: This form is subject to approval by the Superintendent.
  • Special Education Records (if applicable)
    • This includes current copies of IEP, ER, 504 plan and any testing reports. This paperwork is crucial for ensuring proper placement of your child.